appealsYou have the right to appeal against the court’s decision if you are unhappy with the outcome of your case.

Wrongful convictions in the Magistrates’ Court do occur. Similarly manifestly excessive sentences can sometimes be imposed.

We can get those decisions overturned and have your conviction quashed.

The Crown Court would hear the case again from the beginning (effectively a second trial would take place) and a fully qualified Judge will make a decision at the conclusion. The Crown Court applies the law more stringently than the Magistrates which often leads to a poor decision being corrected.

There are times when a motorist will only be aware of a conviction when they receive a letter confirming the penalty. Morton’s Solicitors can represent you to get the conviction set aside.

If the conviction is successfully set aside proceedings would usually start afresh, giving you the opportunity to defend the allegations (or at least minimise the penalty).

A Notice of Appeal must usually be lodged within 21 days from sentencing.

Contact Morton’s Solicitors immediately and we can advise you, on your prospects of success and where appropriate represent you upon appeal to the Crown Court or even the High Court.

Mortons Solicitors - 22 Middle Hillgate, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK1 3AY - DX: 22614 Stockport 2
Tel: 0161 477 1121  |  Fax: 0161 477 0708  |  Email:
Secure Email: (secure email/CJSM users only)

Registered in England & Wales. Company No. 5012667.
Authorised & Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
© 2000-18 Mortons Solicitors Ltd
Partners: Simon E. Morton & Lisa J. Morton.