PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCESSTOCKPORT | MANCHESTER | NORTH WEST
All but the most minor public order offences (such as drunk and disorderly, or harassment) are treated seriously by the court as upon conviction you could receive a prison sentence. The more serious offences (such as affray, violent disorder and riot) may proceed to the Crown Court. You should not face prosecution for an offence of this type without legal representation.
Call us for immediate advice by telephone on 0161 477 1121.
Getting Legal Representation for Murder / Manslaughter Allegations
Successfully defending an allegation of murder or manslaughter involves:-
• Detailed expert analysis of the evidence and any unused prosecution material
• The use of forensic scientists, who specialise in, fingerprints, DNA, Blood spatter, ballistics, cell site analysis, technological interrogations, etc.
• The use of medical experts who specialise in causation of injuries, psychiatry, psychology
• Preparing detailed plans, diagrams and photographs of the scene
• Site visits
• Meteorological reports
• Preparing defence witness statements
• Exploration of defences such as diminished responsibility and provocation
We have a proven track record at successfully defending both murder and manslaughter cases.
Football Banning Orders
• The court can be asked to make a FOOTBALL BANNING ORDER
A Football Banning Order must be made if the court is satisfied that making the order would help to prevent violence or disorder at, or in connection with any regulated football matches.
If the court is making such an order upon conviction then the minimum term must be 3 years. The conditions attached to such an order will be specific to the case but generally you could be prohibited from:-
• Attending any FA regulated home or away fixtures
• From going within a certain distance of a specific football ground when a match is taking place
• You may be required to report to your local police station at the time of certain kick-offs
• You may be required to surrender your passport to the police at the times of certain international fixtures
A breach of a football banning order is an imprisonable offence.
WHY CHOOSE MORTON’S SOLICITORS?
How We Can Help
Some of the most important decisions made in relation to a case are made at the police station.
If Morton’s solicitors are involved at an early stage of an investigation, we are often able to affect the outcome.
You are not obliged to say anything to the police and we advise all clients to maintain their right to silence until they speak with us.
A case can proceed solely on admissions made to the police without the need for witnesses to ever attend court.
You are entitled to have a solicitor present free of charge at any police interview. This is true for what may seem to be the most trivial offence.
You should never be interviewed without legal representation.
Call us now for immediate advice on 0161 477 1121.
Award-Winning Crime Team of the Year
Why You Are In Safe Hands with Morton's Solicitors - Stockport, Manchester & Cheshire.
We have twice won the award for "Crime - Team of the Year" at the highly prestigious Manchester Legal Awards in 2018 & 2020.
Not only is this based on our ability to get fantastic results for our clients, but we also offer an extremely friendly, discreet and client-focused service which has earnt us the plaudits.
What this means for any prospective client is that your case is going to be in some of the safest hands in Criminal Defense for Stockport, Greater Manchester & across the North West.