28/09/2020 – Vacancy for a Paralegal
An excellent opportunity has arisen at Morton’s Solicitors. We are established Criminal Defence Specialists with a strong reputation, and winners Crime Team of the Year at the Manchester Legal Awards in 2020 & 2018. We undertake a mix of private and legally aided work for a spectrum of clients from diverse backgrounds.
We are seeking to recruit a paralegal to join our team.
Duties will include:
Interviewing clients and witnesses; preparing statements; drafting documents; instructing experts/counsel; preparing Crown Court cases; attending Court; advising clients; claiming/receiving costs and accounting/reporting to clients.
The Ideal Candidate will
• be a Law graduate (2.1 or above)
• have experience within a criminal law practice or the criminal justice system
• be police station accredited
• participate in our out of hours police station rota (overtime paid)
• Be ambitious & motivated to achieve personal & professional goals
• Able to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
• be approachable yet professional
• have a high attention to detail, excellent grammar and IT skills
• be able to self-manage.
Please apply with a CV by email to email@example.com